We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Children often cannot express their emotions well through words. However, when you leave them some colored pens and a sheet of paper, their feelings and emotions flow as if by magic, with astonishing ease. Therefore, many child psychologists use the pictures to interpret whether a child may have a problem.
This does not mean that the pictures are telling us what our child is like, but some drawings do tell us some things about their personality or about the moment they are going through. Like a drawing of a tree. A long time ago a friend, a psychology student, asked me to draw one. And without knowing how, he managed to get quite close to my personality when interpreting my drawing. This technique, he told me, is used a lot with children.
Do you want to know what the tree technique is like to know your child's personality?
Do not think that now with a simple drawing you will know what your child is like. But you will discover some traits of his personality that you may already know or that you may not have known. Sometimes even we ourselves are not able to recognize our deepest 'I'. And this technique, simple, quick to do, can give us some information from the hand of our subconscious. To put it into practice:
1. Prepare a blank sheet and some colored pencils (yes, colors are important too)
2. Ask your child (it works best from 5-6 years) to draw a tree (without further information, just ask him to draw a tree. If he asks you how you want it, you must refuse to give him more information. you answer as he wants).
3. Let your child take his time. Some children draw the tree faster, others are more detailed and take a little longer ... Don't rush it.
Do you already have the tree? Well now, we go on to analyze it. Beyond stopping to think that it is an authentic masterpiece or on the contrary, that it was a doodle, we must look at other things ...
And all this is what the tree test to know the personality of your child can tell you:
1. The trunk: Now look at the trunk of the tree. According to psychologists, the trunk represents us. Or better, how do you see yourself in the face of adversity. If your emotions and confidence in yourself are strong, or on the contrary you feel fragile in the face of frustrations.
- A broad and strong trunk indicates an emotionally strong child. However, if it is too wide, it can indicate excessive aggressiveness and authoritarianism. A narrow and fragile trunk indicates that the child does not cope very well with emotional turbulence.
- A log with a hole in the middle indicates that the child suffers from emotional deficiencies or some problem of harassment or violence towards him.
- The straighter trunk is typical of children more shy and stubborn in their ideas.
- The concave trunk indicates that the child is more tolerant, open and outgoing, sensitive and emotional.
- If, on the other hand, the trunk only curves to the right, it is more typical of children who are very demanding of themselves but are very open and friendly.
- If the curve is on the left side of the trunk, they are less communicative children.
- In this case, psychologists also note that the trunk is not convex. This log is typical of very vain and arrogant children.
2. The cup: They represent the child's relationship with the outside world. It has to do with how to act in the face of reality.
- Round cup: Own of people without feelings of guilt or remorse, sincere, transparent. Little spiteful children.
- Round but looped cup. Very typical of children with a lot of charisma and diplomats but who sometimes show a defensive attitude.
- Round cup with a very soft loop: Very formal children with great control over their emotions.
- Cup in a very dense loop, with a lot of color inside: Children who give great importance to what others think and say about them.
- Branches in the crown and upwards: It is usually drawn by more optimistic and energetic children.
- Branches in the crown down: Indicates that the child tends to negative thoughts.
- Cup with many details: When the child paints leaves, apples, fruits in the cup ... It is typical of very creative and perfectionist children.
- The size of the cup: When the cup is large enough, the child's imagination stands out. When it is disproportionately large with respect to the trunk, a certain vanity or narcissism. If, on the other hand, the crown is too small compared to the trunk, it is because it is a more introverted or shy child.
3. The floor: This part of the drawing is essential. Indicate the insecurities and fears or strengths of each.
- A tree without soil: More insecure and doubtful children paint this type of tree.
- Tree on a straight line: Children who accept limits and rules very well. Little rebellious and yes conformists.
- Tree with a horizon line far from the tree: It is typical of more passive children and somewhat oblivious to reality.
- Tree on the ground with several lines: Typical of very spontaneous, impulsive children.
- Tree on a round ground around it: It is typical of more independent but somewhat vain or arrogant children.
- Tree on ground with grass and spikes: Very typical of children who sometimes seem shy and other extroverts. Only they decide when they want to open up to others.
- Tree on a mountain: They are children who like to be protagonists and capture the attention of others.
4. Position of the tree on the leaf:
- When the tree is in the center: It indicates a firm, strong and stable personality.
- When the tree is in a corner and is smaller: It is more typical of withdrawn children and with a more fragile personality.
You can read more articles similar to The tree test to find out your child's personality, in the category of Conduct on site.